Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

STATUS REPORT!!! O_O

Wow... as of this post, this blog has seen 1,114 views...surely all these new viewings can't have been due to me alone, since I barely came here after my last post.  You can probably tell that, too...my apologies for the lapses in activity.  I really only try to post if I have something pseudo-insightful to say, so please bear with me.  This post will likely wind up being a rambling mess, strangely enough, so without further ado, here we go.

Another semester has begun, and it finds me facing some huge obstacles that will challenge me in every aspect of my ability as a writer.  I'm taking Adv. Poetry Writing, which will require a final chapbook that will be filled with an undetermined number of brand new poetry, Novel Writing which will result in 50 pages of manuscript written plus additional query letters and synopses, Adv. Narrative Production which will call upon my screenwriting abilities to make things for film (since word has spread around my major that I'm a "go-to" guy in that area), and Entertainment Law which will pull from me a 25-page dissertation on some sort of legal something or other.  Thankfully my other class, titled Studio 89, is a more applied multi-camera course that will have me working with my classmates to produce an episodic music television program in the vein of Austin City Limits that will be broadcast on KET in Kentucky.

So yeah...I'm going to be BUSY as hell.  O_O  I'm excited, but somewhat daunted at the same time.  It's going to take an effort to keep my nose to the grindstone, but I think I'll be able to pull it off.

Other significant/insignificant notes related to me:

*  as of late, I've REALLY been diving into poetry, and I've got several ideas for poems to write.  I'm still aiming at producing a collection titled Geriatric Soul by the end of the semester (circa April/May), but the final title will depend upon what I wind up producing, so we'll see.  I'm actually working on a poem by that title, so who knows...maybe that will become the de-facto "title poem" of the collection I make?  We'll see.  I'm also toying around with my first official "found poem" titled Found Philosorapture.  I can't wait to polish that one up some more and show it off.


*  I will be doing my best to attend another Loch Norse Magazine-sponsored reading at the Bow Tie Cafe in Mt. Adams, Cincinnati, OH on January 27.  I have no clue what I'll read, if anything, but I hope to have something new to show off.


*  I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this before, but I'm currently involved in a film being produced by my campus' film society in which I portray The Joker.  I'll try to get a pic of me in here for you all to see as soon as I can (don't have the flash drive I've got it saved to with me).  I hope the director contacts me soon about filming my last scene, because my hair is growing quite long, and I would love to be able to cut it soon.  o-O  I'll probably e-mail him about that today.  I hope I don't scare him at all by letting him know that, or put any undo pressure on him.

Yeah...that's about it.  I hope that 2012 is treating everyone well, and that this post finds you in good spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment