Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

850 Pageviews?! / What's Going On With Me

WOW...people must ACTUALLY be checking the place out!  Sure, no one has actually joined or decided to follow me as a member yet, but there is no way in hell that all 150 pageviews since I made the post commemorating the 700 views could have been made by me, because I've only glanced over this place maybe three or four times in the spare moments I could get.  Seriously, though, thank you for at least coming here by accident.  :)

I thought I'd take a moment to catch whoever is reading up on the goings-on of me.  I've written another short story that is currently untitled about a poor writer who is stuck pitching a manuscript to death.  Haven't written the ending just yet, but I've had it workshopped by my classmates in my Fiction Writing class, and overall they really enjoyed what they read.  I'm actually set to have it workshopped yet again tomorrow by a group of writers brought together by my campus' literary magazine, Loch Norse Magazine.  I haven't made any revisions to it just yet, but I feel like another workshop round could do it some good since I have some lingering questions and concerns about the story, which I might actually lay out in a future blog posting here.

I also wanted to point out that Loch Norse Magazine now has a blog of its own to follow, and strangely enough they made it using Blogger as well (www.lochnorsemag.blogspot.com).  It's called "The Loch," and should be a great resource for people interested in the creative writing scene at Northern Kentucky University.  I stand firm in my opinion that our writing community is undergoing a renaissance, and I credit that to my good friend and Loch Norse's Editor-in-Chief, Jennifer Whalen, along with her wonderful staff.  They are really working their asses off to draw attention to the magnificent writers this campus has, and I will do whatever I can to help them in this endeavor.  I honestly believe we are just as talented as anyplace else, and I hope that everyone who encounters us can see that.

That's really all I have to say for now...oh yeah, I almost forgot:  I've got a birthday coming up this Friday.  I'll be a decrepit 22 years old...as far as I'm concerned, time can just go ahead and stop for awhile, at least on adding itself to my age.  I'm fine where I'm at, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the story. One potential issue is that plots about writings trying to think of a story are hard sells to editors (like deal with the devil stories). If you're writing it for the experience, then no problem.

    ReplyDelete